In an awards program initiated last year, the UIRA invites nominations of individuals to be recognized for their outstanding volunteer contributions to the university and the community.
Last year’s recipients were Nancy Lynch for Outstanding Service to the Community and Al Hood for Outstanding Service to the University. Names of award recipients are engraved on plaques hanging in the lobby entrance to the Iowa Memorial Union Main Lounge, and the UIRA contributes $100 in the names of the honored individuals to the charities of their choice. Here are pertinent details:
- Any UIRA member may nominate a UIRA member, including him/herself.
- Nominations should consist of a one-page letter describing the nominee’s contributions and a one page biography that includes the nominee’s name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Submit nominations to any UIRA Board member by January 31, 2016.
- Five UIRA members, two faculty and two staff and the UIRA president make up the Selection Committee.
Eligibility and Criteria:
- A nominee must have been retired for a period of at least two years.
- The awards are based on outstanding service carried out since retirement.
- Volunteer service may include a wide range of activities that make a positive impact.
- Members of the Selection Committee are ineligible for nomination.
- Announcement of the award recipient will be made at the UIRA annual meeting.
- Recipients are expected to be present at the annual meeting to accept the award.